As we know, sky broadband offers you the best internet service with high speed. To break its limits, Sky has introduced a fibre connection, broadband which offers the maximum speed of 74 Mbps. This lightning speed comes under many packages with different usage allowance and average speed. Sometimes you don’t get the usual speed as promised by the provider but it doesn’t mean the provider limits your speed from the central station; that may be just due to heavy traffic on the host, website, or application you are surfing.
Sky Fibre Checker
The speed of broadband in your home can be affected by a lot of things. This could be the location of your device or computer about the Sky Hub, not using the master phone socket and micro filters at all phone devices around your home or if you have some other device connected at the same time. By maintaining these things, the sky fibre speed can be ensured up to its maximum optimization.
Sky Fibre Optic
The blazing speed of sky fibre is because of high quality and the maximum optimizing ability of fibre which is guaranteed while designing. With an average speed of 74 Mbps and a maximum speed of 78 Mbps, sky fibre offers you the most thrilling experience that can’t be compared anywhere else.
In every sky fibre broadband package, you get a super fast, reliable internet connection.
Sky Fibre – This gives you a 25GB usage allowance with download speeds up to 38Mbps and uploads speeds up to 9.5Mbps. This one is the first offer by the sky, and it’s for those customers who have limited data usage per month.
Sky Fibre Unlimited – Offers the same download and upload speeds as Sky Fibre without any usage limit so you can upload, download and surf without any limitations.
Sky Fibre Max and Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro also gives you unlimited usage, with downloading speed up to 76Mbps & uploading speed up to 19Mbps. With Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro, you also get support from a 24*7 dedicated call center, a static IP address and the liberty to customize your connection.
Sky Fibre Broadband
Due to these light weighted optic fibre, the flash speed internet connection is now available in your home. Here are some key features of optical fibre broadband with tested figures that will give you a glimpse of how fast it is.
- Sky Fibre and Sky Fibre Unlimited, This connection will provide you the speed up to 38 Mbps (Megabyts per seconds).If we talk about a music album consisting of minimum 10 songs it will take only 11 seconds to download it.
- Sky Fibre Max and Sky This connection will provide you the speed up to 76 Mbps (Megabytes per seconds).If we talk about a music album consisting of minimum 10 songs it will take only 5 seconds to download it.
- Your on-demand TV and movie downloads will get a lot faster too, typically in less than a minute.
- With Sky Fibre and Sky Fibre Unlimited connection, you will be able to download a complete 720p movie in less than 5 minutes, considering the size 850 MB approximately.
- With Sky Fibre Max and Sky Fibre Pro connection, you’d be able to download the same movie of about 850 mb approximately in less than 2 minutes.
Sky Fibre Router
Sky fibre offers a connection, including the sky hub. This hub ensures the necessary things that are needed to make secure, wire free and reliable connection at your home. Sky hub provides the Wi-Fi environment in your home. For doing so, it has a router with all the features needed to give you the best experience.
This wireless router fitted with the sky smart technology is to select the location in your home where you get better signals for connection. It smartly controls the power consumption, as it will go into power saving mode when you are not using it and will be back to full power mode when you return again. It also ensures the privacy of your wi-fi connection with simple and secured Wi-Fi protected setup (WPS). And you can also enjoy the entertainment by connecting it to the compatible devices.
Sky Fiber Availability
To get this sky internet connection of optic fiber, there is one question comes to your mind – can I get the connection in my area? Or is it available in my locality? Don’t worry; this query of yours is no longer an issue to think about. Sky covers the whole area and availability in sky network to the customers is 90 % in unlimited broadband case of sky fibre, in sky pro and sky max case it is 80%. Almost every Sky fiber areas are covered in this 80 % availability.
Sky Fiber Hub
Sky fibre broadband comes with a sky hub, which helps you get a reliable connection with proper security.
Sky Hubs are designed in such a way that it will automatically switch to low power mode when it is not in use to save energy. You can also check the current status of your internet connection at a glance with built-in diagnostics.
2.4GHz (802.11n) – Yes
5GHz (802.11ac) – No
Wired transfer speeds (Ethernet) – 100 Mbps
Max connected devices – 16/32
If your internet connection is not working properly, just follow these steps of sky fibre optic checker. You can re-establish the connection by yourself as sky hub is easy to handle and operate.
Sky Fibre Upgrade
If you are using a sky fibre broadband service and anytime you feel like you need to upgrade it with some other offer you can switch to the better one.
Below are the details of Sky fibre broadband offers:
- Sky fibre broadband will cost you £28.99 per month if you are new to the sky and if you are a sky user, then you have to pay just £20 per month. Line rental and sky talk are included, set up fee will cost £19.95 for 18-month contract.
- Sky fibre unlimited will cost you £38.99 per month if you are new to the sky if you are a sky user, then you have to pay just £30.99 per month. Line rental and sky talk are included, set up fee will cost £19.95 for 18-month contract.
- Sky fibre max will cost you £43.99 if you new to sky tv otherwise £35 per month. Line rental and sky talk included set up fee will be same as sky fibre unlimited for an 18-month contract.